Hood To Coast High Desert – FAQ
How big is Hood To Coast High Desert?
Hood To Coast High Desert has been sparked by the overwhelming popularity of Hood & Portland To Coast Relays, which is known as The Mother of All Relays. HTC is the largest relay in the world, hosting a capped team limit for the past 26 years, and has filled on “Opening Day” of registration for the past 19 years! We created Hood To Coast High Desert to give hopeful participants another opportunity to take part in a Hood To Coast relay event. In 2018, the race will be capped at 250 teams.
Is there a walking relay?
Hood To Coast High Desert will not offer a walking relay, however walking teams are welcome on the course as long as they are walking at 13:00 minute/mile or faster.
Where does the race end?
The race both begins and ends at the amazing Brasada Ranch Resort.
How far is Brasada Ranch from Portland, OR?
3 hours and 15 minutes
How long is the distance of Hood To Coast High Desert?
The race spans 70 miles, from Brasada Ranch, up north and east towards Prineville, down HWY 27 passing the Prineville Reservoir and back west to Brasada Ranch.
How many legs are there?
Why is it called Hood To Coast if it doesn't start at Mt. Hood?
Think of Hood To Coast as a brand, a style, and a personality that has been created by our spirited participants from all over the world. All 50 U.S. states and 43 countries participate and in Hood To Coast Relay, and it is the unique participants that have truly made Hood To Coast a brand that is recognized worldwide. Our relays may not always have a Mt. Hood, Hood Canal, or beach, but they will embody the spirit of the Hood To Coast participants whether we are in Oregon, Washington, Texas, China, Taiwan, or Israel. We are Hood To Coast!
How long is each leg?
Each Leg ranges in distance from 4.2 to 7.9 miles. Legs vary in difficulty, from easy to very hard, due to the varying distances and terrain.
When are the starting times for Hood To Coast High Desert?
The race start times begin at 3:00am on Saturday at Brasada Ranch and continue in waves throughout the morning until 9:00am.
Is there a volunteer requirement for Hood To Coast High Desert
No volunteers are required for HTC High Desert, just come out and have fun. If your organization is interested in providing volunteers for race exchanges and water stops, we would LOVE to have them! Please contact us via email at email@example.com
When does registration open?
How much does it cost to register for Hood To Coast High Desert?
How do I register?
On January 17th, team captains will be able to click the REGISTRATION link in the menu above. It is not necessary to have all members of your team by registration time.
Captains will complete the online registration form and pay the registration fee by credit card online. The relay will be limited to the first 250 teams.
Adding Team Members and filling out Race Pace Survey’s will take place at a later date within the Team Clubhouse.
How many members are on each team?
Each team consists of four (4) to six (6) members.
I'm an individual looking to join a team, where do I go?
How do I change the Team Captain?
1) Current Captain must log into Team Clubhouse
2) Click on “GO” next to ‘TEAM: manage your team’
3) From the team members drop down menu, select the team member you would like as captain and click the orange “Make Team Captain” button
NOTE: Once the role of Captain has been transferred, the former Captain will no longer be able to invite/remove team members, edit team info, etc.
Can I change my team name?
How do I know my Team Category?
Please look at the categories below and find which one applies to your team. For MIXED teams, teams must be made up of AT LEAST half women (ex. 6 person team must have 3 women to be classified as MIXED, if there are less than half women, the team will fall under the MEN’S category)
- MEN’S OPEN – Any age, at least one runner under 30
- MEN’S SUBMASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 30
- MEN’S MASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 40
- MEN’S SUPERMASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 50
- WOMEN’S OPEN – Any age, at least one runner under 30
- WOMEN’S SUBMASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 30
- WOMEN’S MASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 40
- WOMEN’S SUPERMASTERS – Minimum age of all runners is 50
- MIXED OPEN – At least half women. Any age, at least one runner under 30
- MIXED SUBMASTERS – At least half women. Minimum age of all runners is 30
- MIXED MASTERS – At least half women. Minimum age of all runners is 40
- MIXED SUPERMASTERS- At least half women. Minimum age of all runners is 50
What is the Race Finish Time Survey and where do I complete that form?
The Race Finish Time Survey was created to help participants determine what they can expect to race during this year’s relays. To complete the survey:
1) Login to the Team Clubhouse using your confirmation code
2) Click on EDIT: alter your registration details
3) Scroll down until you see Enter your most recent FINISH TIME for a 10k RACE
4) Answer the question entering your time from a 10K race or all out time trial.
How did my 'anticipated finish time' get calculated?
AFT or a team’s Anticipated Finish Time is calculated using data from the Race Finish Time Survey filled out by each team member. Data is analyzed and checked before entering the seeding model. New start times, traffic patterns and team distributions create an AFT for your team.
Where can I pick up my race bag/packet?
Saturday, September 22 & Sunday, September 23rd
Dick’s Sporting Goods – Tigard, OR
9402 SW Washington Square Rd, Tigard, OR 97223
*Teams that are unable to attend packet pickup will get their packets at the start line.
· Nike Men’s and Women’s Size Race Shirts
· Race Bib Numbers and Van Signs
· Start Times
· Goodies from sponsors!
· Batons will be issued at the start lines.
Where can our team stay before and after the race?
Are there any opportunities to be a part of a Hood To Coast Training Team?
Yes! Check out the new HTC Training Team, presented by ActiveEDGE Wellness Center in West Linn, OR. Whether you are a veteran runner/walker, or you are looking to run/walk your first 5K , the HTC Training Team will provide the support and training to achieve your ultimate goals. ActiveEDGE Personal Trainer and Running Coach Willee Broberg will guide you every step of the way, while being supported by ActiveEDGE Physical Therapists, Dieticians, and Athletic Trainers. Click here to learn more and register! http://www.activeedgewellness.com/htc-training-team/