Pints to Pasta 10K & Half Marathon Run Walk
Sun July 24, 2016 @ 7:30 am - 11:00 am
2015 Results- Half Marathon 10K
Run or walk Pints to Pasta, a beautiful award winning downtown Portland 10K…and now Half Marathon. Park your car just south of The Old Spaghetti Factory and ride the FREE Shuttle to North Portland for the start of the race. Enjoy the fast start to the famous Widmer Brothers Brewery, across the Willamette River, along Naito Parkway to Macadam Avenue and finishing at The Old Spaghetti Factory. After your hard work treat yourself to complimentary pasta, salad, and bread, but don’t forget the delicious Widmer Beer.
Pints to Pasta Highlights:
- Delicious meal provided by the Old Spaghetti Factory
- Widmer Brothers Beer!
- Fantastic Finisher Medal
- Radical Finisher Tech T-Shirt
- 5:30 am – Park just south of The Old Spaghetti Factory. No parking at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Police and parking volunteers will guide you into the parking areas just south of The Old Spaghetti Factory on Hwy 43/Macadam Ave. Expect a 5 minute walk to the Half Marathon Start Line and shuttle from the parking areas for the 10K participants. This is approx 1/4-1/2 mile south of The Old Spaghetti Factory – very close to the shuttle bus loading area and packet pick up.
- 5:45 am – Packet Pick up begins at The Old Spaghetti Factory prior to getting on shuttle. Packet pick up is NOT available at starting line in North Portland where buses unload.
- 6:00 am – First Shuttle leaves The Old Spaghetti Factory – no dogs on course
- 7:00 am – Last Shuttle leaves The Old Spaghetti Factory
- 7:30 am – Pints to Pasta Half Marathon road race begins at the Old Spaghetti Factory.
- 7:30 am – Pints to Pasta 10K road race begins in North Portland on Greeley Avenue. Point to point 10k course, take the free shuttle from Old Spaghetti Factory to the start line!
- 9:00am – Post-Race Extravaganza on the banks of the Willamette River – Pasta from The Old Spaghetti Factory, Widmer Beer, Live Music! ID is required at the beer garden.
- 10:00am – Awards Ceremony and Costume Contest. Dress up as your favorite Italian character, actor, athlete, or artist and win great prizes!
Know the course, know where you’ll make your move! Download a high resolution PDF of the Pints to Pasta 10K & Half Marathon Run Walk Route Map.
10K – Our trek will begin on Greeley Avenue, then make our way to the Albina neighborhood where we’ll pass the unique buildings of Widmer Brothers Gasthaus and Brewery (crafters of deliciously original beers). From that point, we are bound for downtown. We’ll cross the Broadway Bridge and enjoy the beautiful view of the Willamette River and cityscapes as we climb our way up Barbur Blvd and eventually to Corbett St just off Macadam Avenue. Our journey will end with a fast decline to The Old Spaghetti Factory, but the fun continues! The Post-Race Party will feature a meal provided by The Old Spaghetti Factory, magnificent beer from Widmer Brothers Brewing, and live entertainment.
Half Marathon – The Half Marathon course is an out-and-back starting at The Old Spaghetti Factory utilizing the 10K course. At the half way point (10K Start), runners and walkers will be greeted by the 10K participants that will begin shortly after the Half Marathon group turns around to head back to The Old Spaghetti Factory.
Event Parking Strategy:
10K – Park your car just south of The Old Spaghetti Factory (expect a 5 min walk to the shuttle bus) and catch the shuttle bus to the starting line, and then run or walk the beautiful course back to your car and enjoy the festivities. Parking will be available off SW Macadams, volunteers will guide you to the available spots. There is no parking at the 10K Start Line and no shuttle returning to the 10K Start Line. Shuttle bus begins at 6:00 am and ends at 7:00 am. All participants must be on the last bus leaving The Old Spaghetti Factory by 7:00 am. Race numbers must be picked up at packet pick up or at The Old Spaghetti Factory the morning of the race. No packet pick up at Start Line for 10K participants. You must have your packet before loading the bus.
You can also park is SE Portland and cross the newly opened Tillicum Bridge.
Half Marathon – Park your car just south of The Old Spaghetti Factory and expect a 5 min walk to the Half Marathon Start Line.
FREE Shuttle Bus:
Park your car just south of The Old Spaghetti Factory (expect a 5 min walk to the shuttle bus) and catch the free shuttle bus to the starting line on N Greeley Ave, and then run or walk the beautiful course back to your car and enjoy the festivities. There is no parking at N Greeley Ave and no shuttle returning to the start line. Shuttle bus begins at 6:30 and ends at 7:30. All participants must be on the last bus leaving The Old Spaghetti Factory by 7:20 as race starts at 8:00 AM. We have port o potties at the start and finish line, and a clothes drop area at Old Spaghetti Factory. Be sure to come early!! Race numbers must be picked up at packet pick up or at The Old Spaghetti Factory the morning of the race.
- Prizes will be given out to the top 3 male and female finishers.
- Top 3 of each age category will receive awards.
- Best Italian Costume Contest